What courses are available?
Currently, we have five courses available, all of which are free.
- Identifying Ireland’s common farmland hoverflies
- Marine Biodiversity Citizen Science Open Course
- How to identify Ireland’s butterflies
- Garden Butterfly Monitoring Scheme
- How to identify, record and monitor common Irish bumblebees (no certificate available)
We will be developing more courses over the coming months and years.
How are learners assessed?
To receive a certificate, learners must review all content contained with in the course and pass a multiple choice question quiz, required passing rates vary between courses and individual quizzes. If you do not pass on the first try, you have the opportunity to retake the quiz and proceed onto the next stage of the course.
If a video is embedded in the course, these must be watched in full and a learner can not skip over his material.
When a learner successfully passes the quiz and watches all video material, they are presented with a digital certificate.
Project co-ordinator: Niamh Phelan, Biodiversity Engagement Officer email@example.com