What to do if you spot one of our list of 20 species?
- Get in for a closer look – make sure you can accurately identify the species
- Take a picture – this is useful for verification
- Ask for help on-line, if you need it or check out our Backyard Biodiversity Spotter Sheets below
- Visit species.biodiversityireland.ie for full species profiles on each of our chosen species
- Visit records.biodiversityireland.ie to submit your records
Check out the 20 chosen species below:
We are inviting everyone to submit sightings of any of 20 species that we know commonly occur in gardens. The species chosen are a mix of vertebrates and invertebrates, from different taxonomic groups.
Each of the species can be relatively easily identified, provided that key identification features are carefully noted.